5 Reasons to hire a NETA accredited company for your electrical field services
Field testing your high voltage equipment is complicated—and dangerous—business! You need to find the company that is the best equipped to provide the most honest, safe and thorough engineering and electrical field testing services in Edmonton. Cutting corners can have disastrous consequences for worker safety and company performance. The last thing you want is to have workers injured around high voltage equipment and have systems breakdown due to improperly inspected and serviced electrical equipment!
So, how do you find the company that provides the best engineering and electrical field services in Edmonton? Being accredited by the InterNational Electrical Testing Association (NETA) is a great place to start! Let’s take a look at five reasons why you should only hire a NETA-accredited company:
- Third-party independence. NETA-accredited companies are independent power system testing service providers. Their services are unbiased by possible conflicting interests in budgeting, competing sales, installation services and product manufacturing interests.
- Most up–to-date standards and equipment at work. A host of companies provide electrical industry standards. NETA prides itself on continuously and tirelessly updating and amalgamating these specifications into one comprehensive, up-to-date set of standards and providing them to their accredited companies. NETA also provides standards for which specific testing instruments are to be used in field testing—all traceable to the National Institute of Science and Technology (NIST).
- NETA-certified employees. A NETA-accredited company has employees in supervisory capacities who keep up-to-date with standards, have extensive field experience and knowledge, and follow ongoing training. NETA accreditation stipulates that one or more of these NETA-certified employees supervise all testing in the field to ensure safe and expert practices are followed.
- Acceptance and maintenance testing. Armed with the latest standards and certified employees with extensive knowledge and experience, a NETA-accredited company is uniquely qualified to perform the very best acceptance testing to determine if recently acquired equipment fulfils its requirements and functions as it should. A NETA-accredited company will also perform accurate—and vital—maintenance testing at regular intervals to verify the status of equipment.
- Quality assurance. In a nutshell, NETA’s mission is to provide accreditation to testing service providers so that prospective businesses like yours in need of electrical testing can rest assured that the quality of the field-testing services provided are flawless.
Electrical field services and engineering in Edmonton