Senior Electrical Technologists
We are looking for top-performing Senior Electrical Technologists with electrical-based education and experience in electrical testing, commissioning and field service of electrical power related equipment in our Edmonton office. Relay testing experience is an asset.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Extensive knowledge in working safely in Low, Medium and High Voltage Substations.
- Perform commissioning, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of primary and secondary power equipment including Circuit Breakers, Protective Relays, Transformers, Switchgear, etc.
- Report regularly to project management for project status and updates.
- Perform site visits to validate scope of work requirements and determine existing asset condition and prepare site survey reports.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure.
- Must have an Electrical Technology Diploma or equivalent. PSE is an asset.
- Must have over 5 year’s hands-on experience commissioning, testing and maintaining power delivery equipment, including breakers, switchgear, relays and transformers.
- Working knowledge of NETA, IEEE, Z462 standards.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Have strong knowledge in performing interrogation, programming and testing on basic and high-end protective relays and controls.
- Have a keen interest in providing the best quality of service and have strong organization and time/budget management skills.
- Must be able to work interchangeably in team setting and independently, and will be expected to liaise with professional staff including Engineers, Subcontractors, Project Managers, and clients.
- Ability to create effective working relationships with fellow employees.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Prepare detailed technical reports after project completion.
- Willing to travel out of town.
- Ability to work flexible shifts which include weekends, evenings and statutory holidays.
While Pace Technologies Inc. appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Years in Business
Annual Service Miles
Emergency Calls per year
Mobile Test Trailers
Annual Service Man-hours
Field Service Representatives
Secure Laydown Area
Pieces of Test Equipment